Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tubas for Sale...again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by uh-oh, crickets... on September 25, 2002 at 11:57:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tubas for Sale...again posted by Rick Denney on September 23, 2002 at 08:43:49:

Rick,

Your tagline caught my eye this time:

"recalling the local radio guys who played a recording of crickets when they were not laughing at a call-in joke that wasn't funny"

In 1979 or 1980, there was a very popular wrist watch that had an alarm that sounded just like a cricket. For most of the males in my HS band in San Antonio, that very same watch was under our christmas trees that year. It was one of those weird mass coincidental happenings. Anyway, when we had collectively figured out this fact and understood its practical applications...well, there was one really pissed-off HS Band Director on stage during our Spring Concert. At the end of a woodwind chorale that was really soft and beautiful (i.e. - "boring" for most advanced HS brass players) the "silence" was broken by about ten "crickets" set off at just the right moment...

Wade "still not above 'aural editorializing' when I can get away with it, but only in rehearsal nowadays" Rackley

Follow Ups: