Re: What was I thinking???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Marcus on September 24, 2002 at 16:36:08:

In Reply to: What was I thinking??? posted by code red on September 24, 2002 at 07:16:37:

Micky:

You forgot to list this one. It's not nearly as humorous as your other five experiences.
But when you put it in context with the other five, you are definitely destined to tussle with fate...

Now, please understand that Micky has deservedly earned a reputation for being reliable and prompt, as well as being a tremendous musician.

On this particular occasion, Micky was subbing for me on a quintet concert, so I learned of this initially from my fellow quintet members.

Call time was one half hour prior to concert time. Call time passed--no Micky. Concert time arrived--no Micky. The quintet members had to struggle to find the few quartet arrangements in our book. 1/4 hour after the concert began--still no Micky. Now, the players are revoicing quintet arrangements on the fly.

Finally, 1/2 hour after the concert began, Micky arrived.

It seems that Micky wasn't content with a flat tire. He had to have TWO tires go flat. Heroically, he found a tire store, purchased new tires, and made his way to the quintet concert in time to play most of the gig.

Unfortunately, the fee for the gig probably didn't cover the cost of the two new tires.

Follow Ups: