Re: Tubas for Sale...again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh Wirt on September 23, 2002 at 10:37:38:

In Reply to: Tubas for Sale...again posted by Brock Campbell on September 22, 2002 at 18:34:53:

Let me just say that I have played Brock's Nirschl and Yamaha and they are two of the finest playing instruments out there.

The Yamaha is hands down the best 822 I've played (I'm sure Jim Self's horn is great....but his isn't a stock horn) and probably one of the best F tubas I've ever had the chance to play. And the horn is brand-new....Brock takes EXCELLENT care of his equipment. You might be able to find a cheaper one used out there, but I doubt you'd find a better playing one.

As for the Nirschl York, what can I say?! It's a great horn. Very good intonation for a 6/4. Great response throughout the horn. And, since Meister Nirschl isn't producing these anymore (at least for now), they're becoming more and more difficult to come by. I'd buy it if I were shopping for one, but I have to spend my time shopping for a new job first!

Not to sound like a broken record, but if you have issues with Brock's asking price, please ask him privately. He even said he'd consider reasonable offers....and he's a very reasonable guy. There's no need to bash people who are trying to use this board for honest, tuba business.

Josh

Follow Ups: