Re: Shipping a Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul Evans on September 21, 2002 at 23:36:35:

In Reply to: Shipping a Tuba posted by Need to Know on September 19, 2002 at 19:33:12:

Do not, I repeat, do not ship via Greyhound! After many months of heartache I was just informed today that my 2165 is nowhere within their system. I am being offered $1000 for my troubles (about $9000 less than the replacement cost for the tuba and case.)

Reasons for not shipping Greyhound: 1. They have no tracking system whatsoever. In order to find missing parcels, they have to post e-mail alerts to all Greyhound offices in the country. Believe me, this is very unreliable. 2. I don't care what they tell you about transfers, etc., GPX does not route its shipments. I got this info from the VP of GPX himself. Packages (tubas, whatever) are placed on a bus and sent in the general direction of the destination location. Very dangerous. 3. GPX offers no insurance. Max claimable value is $300. If your horn isn't already insured, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT risk shipping by bus!

Reasons for shipping Greyhound: it's cheap. If you value your horn, this is a very poor reason to choose Greyhound.

Sorry this post is long, but I have unfortunate experience in this area.

Paul Evans

Follow Ups: