Re: Bb Treble Clef Brass Band Music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on September 20, 2002 at 15:53:35:

In Reply to: Bb Treble Clef Brass Band Music posted by David Nondahl on September 20, 2002 at 09:41:23:

There is another way to do it other than memorizing trumpet fingers. You can read it down a 5th I think and you might have to add flats to the key if you are using a BBb tuba. You can do the same with a CC tuba but I think you read it in Bass clef and read it down a 4th instead of a 5th and there might still be ley changing to be done as well and a third way to do it on a CC tuba if you also play F tuba is to read it is Bass clef and use F tuba fingering on the CC tuba and I think you have to add a flat as well. I don't know the exact transpositions because I play Eb tuba but the guys that had the BBb parts one played a BBb and read it in bass clef but down and the other guy played a CC tuba and he read it in Bas clef but used F tuba fingers and that worked for him.

This is just an alternative to the trumpet fingering method. I play the Eb parts and I read it in Bass clef and add three flats to the key and all you have to do is figure out the accidentals and it works pretty good for me.

Good luck there is nothing else like a good Brass Band!

-Jim

Follow Ups: