Re: Re: Re: That damned sousaphone!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on September 18, 2002 at 20:09:21:

In Reply to: Re: Re: That damned sousaphone! posted by Hey Klaus on September 18, 2002 at 19:19:14:

The only picture I have, is from a work jubilee of my brass band sideman, Ole.

The band played with me as the lone tuba on my Besson 981. My dirty trick was, that I also took my Conn 26K Eb along, both on my bike, no kidding. And a set of my arrangements, set for 2 Eb tubas, of Danish children's songs having the name Ole in their title. As Ole was unprepared, he took the lead on the 26K.

The musical execution untold of, the act caught the attention of the guests. Especially, when I had them sing along on the last song.

Of technical interest might be, that I had set the bits up for Ole in the way, I recommended Dan. And maybe my mouthpiece weight made out of a ships engine bronze nut. If you can see anything red there, it is the fitting made out of a garden hose. I use such fittings and the same weight on my PT-50 for the tubas, on the Yeo signature for euph, contrabass trumpet, and the bassbones, plus on the Giardinelli J4 for the French horns, the corno da caccia, and the Bb and C flugelhorns.

Klaus

Follow Ups: