Re: Is this real?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Andrada on September 18, 2002 at 16:01:36:

In Reply to: Is this real? posted by Mike Forbes on September 18, 2002 at 12:31:11:

Could be real!

When I was in the infamous "Harvard Drinking Band" back in the dark ages when dinosaurs roamed the earth, we always stopped at a couple of women's colleges (yes, it was LONG AGO!) to "serenade" while en route to away games. I can remember one 2AM "serenade" where the campus security guys and local police descended during the "concert" and we all ran for it - fortunately we always positioned the buses for a quick getaway. We were tearing downhill in the dark when my section leader was attacked by a tree that suddenly jumped out at him. He hit it full tilt with the sousie bell and the mouthpiece did quite a number on his face. I don't think he could play, let alone eat, for a week. All I remember was a couple of the prop crew guys dragging him and the remains of the sousie down the hill to the bus and shoving him, half conscious and bleeding, on board.

At least the tuna section got away clean. A couple of other bandsmen got to spend the rest of the night at the local constabulary office.

Somehow I think life was better in those days before the band became more focused on music.

Follow Ups: