Re: Willson 3050

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John on September 17, 2002 at 18:12:50:

In Reply to: Willson 3050 posted by Christopher Beard on September 16, 2002 at 22:10:20:

Allright, this is my approach. Can't go wrong with a PT6. The willsons are really nice, as well. (I just got to play one that I finally liked). I've played a few MW2000's that were nice. They seem to be pretty consistant. One horn to definitely check out is the new Rudy 4/4 CC. I've heard nothing but good about them. I play the Rudy 5/4 CC. This horn is not for the faint of heart, but I will never ever sell it. It takes a while to learn to blow one of these, but the product is well worth the effort.
I know that Dave Fedderly still has Paul Krzywicki's willson for sale. You ought to go give it a blow. It's a nice horn, from what I hear. I know Brasswind has the Rudy 4/4 CC's. There's another good place to try horns. Custom music is the place to try PT6's.
Basically, there is an endlless supply of great tubas being made, and that have been made. You just need to find the right one for you. Good luck in your search!

Follow Ups: