Beethoven Romance Op. 50 - string bass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on September 17, 2002 at 00:38:22:

INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPANY publishes a string bass and piano arrangement of Beethoven's (violin) "Romance" - Opus 50 - transposed to C major.

I was hoping to perform this arrangement with piano in an Oktubafest recital in a few weeks, but THE PIANO PART DISAPPEARED here in my house! (We've quite looked "everywhere"...alas.)

I emailed the sales manager at INTERNATIONAL who has not replied. I'll call tomorrow. Anyway, I'm hoping for a little assistance. Shattinger and some other retail sheet music houses don't have it but "are willing to order it and can probably get it in a couple of weeks". I've already put it on order with my wholesale jobber, Harris/Teller (I own a music store.) who says they "can probably get it two or three weeks".

Here's the rub: The string bass solo is not only transposed up an octave per usual, but also is written for string bass re-tuned to F#-B-E-A. This means the solo part is in Bb major. I can still read, transpose and play it fine - even the tenor clef stuff. (I have no idea what transposition I'm using in my head, but it works...??) The problem is that if I am to perform it, I NEED THE PIANO PART. Obviously, it would be nice for me to have the piano part to read the solo, because it is written in the sounding octave, and in concert pitch (just as us tuba folk prefer).

Anyway, does anyone have a copy of this? Yeah, faxing isn't cool, but 1/ I've already bought it. 2/ I've already ordered a new copy, that I'll be paying for and keeping.

If anyone has this arrangement, I'd really appreciate a temporary copy of the accompaniment. It's INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPANY No. 2291 - transcribed by Simandl / edited by Sankey ... whatever.

...or if anyone knows of a string bass "bulletin board" or "list", if you would be so kind as to cut and paste this notice for me, including my email address.

Many thanks!

-Joe

Follow Ups: