Roland Szentpali in the Midwest!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Forbes on September 16, 2002 at 20:45:29:

Greetings all!

Just to let interested folks know: Roland Szentpali (that young, fantastic tuba virtuoso who plays the most outrageous things) is going to visiting the midwest this October. He'll be playing horn concertos by Beethoven and Cherubini, Violin Sonatas by Handel and Sarasate, and other works originally for tuba by Hungarian and Russian composers.

He'll be in Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Oct. 5-7; then he'll leap over to the other Bloomington, where he'll join my studio here at Illinois State for a masterclass on Oct. 8th at 3 PM and then an evening concert on Wed. Oct 9th. Finally he'll complete his midwestern stay at the University of Wisconsin (Madison) on Oct. 10-12. I believe he's then off to Tennessee for a visit to the Univ. of Memphis. Also, I think he has plans to visit Kelly Thomas at the Univ. of Arizona.

Sorry for the befuddled nature of this post--there will be more clarity as October approaches--just something to get into your datebooks if interested. Most events are free and open to the public. If you're interested in attending a Szentpali concert/masterclass, simply contact the tuba professor at each school to find out more.

Indiana University (Dan Perantoni)
Illinois State University (Yours truly)
University of Wisconsin (John Stevens)
University of Memphis (John Mueller)
University of Arizona (Kelly Thomas)

Thanks,
Mike

Follow Ups: