Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What F tuba do most professionals prefer

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John on September 15, 2002 at 22:49:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: What F tuba do most professionals prefer posted by Christian Klein on September 15, 2002 at 21:19:40:

Really, Perantucci is a totally different thing than B&S. They are their own line of horns, just supplied by B&S. It's similar to the situation of Nirschl and Hirsbrunner. Perantucci tubas are not "tweaked up B&S horns". They are a seperate line of instruments, annd have absolutely no affliation with Kurath. I'll ask Mr. P the exact details about PT horns, if you'd like.
I really believe that PT horns are special. They are not "stock models", like the yamaha horns. Each PT tuba made has a very different quality to it. They don't have a basic, generic, lifeless sound. They are not consitant in their colors of sound, and they don't play like CC tubas, like many of the instrument makers are going after now (ie. yamaha, willson). Personally, I have a very beautiful Meinl Weston F tuba. I have played quite a few really really nice Perantucci F tubas which I would play in a heartbeat had i not lucked out with my MW.
As for the deal with custom as the "exclusive" US PT dealer, I really don't like that. But, I won't express my opinions on this board about that. Feel free to email me, if you'd like to know more about PT horns. I've really come to appreciate them in recent times.

Follow Ups: