Re: C Euphoniums?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Christian Klein on September 15, 2002 at 21:59:10:

In Reply to: C Euphoniums? posted by Doug on September 15, 2002 at 18:06:54:

Another guy that I think highly of asked a similar question a couple of months ago. He shoulda been wearing an asbestos suit. ;^)

Perhaps more folks would be interested in a "piccolo tuba" than a euphonium in C.
It might interest tuba players but not euphers.

Such an instrument _would_ be a more historically accurate instrument for bydlo than anything else folks typically use, but might not be what people expect to hear but I doubt the sound would be discernible from a similar instrument in Bb. (but I'm sure that I'll be informed that I'm 'wrong' about this....)

I once saw one on the web somewhere but am unable to find it. It had five rotor valves and a B&S style short leadpipe. I do recall that it had an odd brand name but _looked_ like it was made by B&S. I do believe that it was branded as one of the names belonging to VMI.

Honestly, minimal tooling changes would be needed to make such an instrument. As far as there being a market for one, that would depend on how much it would cost and how many of us were actually willing to actually buy one.

Christian Klein

Follow Ups: