Mouthpiece puller update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shane on September 09, 2002 at 12:26:14:

I feel embarrassed to write about a topic as boring as a mouthpiece puller, considering all of the highly intellectual threads that have been posted in the past few days.

The road rep from the local music store came and I showed him the trumpet that had the mouthpiece stuck in it (My mouthpiece puller wouldn't pull it out; The tightening clasps on the bottom kept slipping off the end of the receiver). He pulled out his bobcat and it popped out, although not as easily as I had expected.

He had the Bobcat brand mouthpiece puller, while mine is a Valentino brand mouthpiece puller. They look very similar, but obviously the Bobcat is more effective. I am wondering if Valentino uses cheaper parts/labor? I basically now have a useless tool that won't work on trumpets because the clasps won't hold on to the receiver.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I tried smacking it with a rawhide mallet, to no avail. I was afraid to try the Ballpeen hammer suggestion, although it sounded fun. She also nixed the switching to tuba idea.

Shane

Follow Ups: