Re: Re: Re: In Defense of HS Teachers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on September 05, 2002 at 15:34:24:

In Reply to: Re: Re: In Defense of HS Teachers posted by MA on September 05, 2002 at 15:08:41:

Don't I know it. Poor education is self-perpetuating, especially when the reason for poor education is general selfishness.

The whole establishment is tilted the wrong way and education is part of both the problem and the symptoms of the problem. I fear the solution requires a new direction for society. In my experience, the motivation to do that comes from extreme pressure in the form of hard times. I think I'd rather just put up with it.

But then there is the fear that poor education, even though merely a symptom of a larger problem, will still contribute in its own way to those hard times.

Prayer helps.

Music also helps, because it is one of the few remaining pursuits in school that demands determined, long-term commitment to achieve even passable results. And it dashes the notion that equal results result from equal treatment. I believe that at its root that is the problem music has with the education establishment. It is too damn objective in measuring the quality of the students.

Rick "who tries to see the comedy in it all" Denney

Follow Ups: