Re: Re: Re: In Defense of HS Teachers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by An. on September 04, 2002 at 11:52:44:

In Reply to: Re: Re: In Defense of HS Teachers posted by Doug W. (sorta long) on September 04, 2002 at 09:29:52:

Point well taken. Also, a small class size will not have any benefit if the disciplinary procedures are not changed. That French class I spoke of had only 10 students in it, but as I said, the teacher could barely teach the class because of the behavior problems.

The way I see it, school board members are like polititians in that they just want to be re-elected. So, who are they going to please, teachers or voters? They want to keep the voters (parents for example) happy.

So, when Suzie gets in trouble for wearing a thong bikini to school, or Johnny gets sent to the office for calling his French teacher a f***'n b****, the parents call the school board to complain and get the disciplinary procedures reversed. Meaning, the kids get off the hook, and the teacher gets in trouble for enforcing the rules, and yes this does happen.

(Sorry, my little analogy wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be.) But a large portion of the problem is the school boards, because they tie teachers hands behind their backs! So, everybody go vote!

Follow Ups: