Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New York Phil on PBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on September 29, 2001 at 06:26:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New York Phil on PBS posted by TC on September 28, 2001 at 22:13:55:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have been a reader of this forum almost since it's inception.
Rick Denney's comments have always been articulate, well thought, and most important qualified. While he may be arguing a point it is always been done with his email address attached and his name at the bottom of the post. While I don't know Mr. Deck personally, I do know people who are good friends of his. I could find out this information if I cared to, but I really don't. While Mr. Deck is a consummate professional, I am 99.99% positive that this post did get back to him and wheter or not it had one speck of validity, I'm sure it bothered him to an extent. The reason being is that his health is his business and it does not need to be discussed by people with fourth-hand information at best. I can only hope that this thread has proved a point in that the spreading of these rumors in a public forum is morally wrong. I have met Mr. Deck and he is a fine gentleman and one of our nation's, in fact world's, best orchestral tubists. He has done a great deal of benefit to our community with his collaboration with Meinl-Weston and has been turning out some of the finest tuba players in our country today as witnessed by the current people winning auditions. For any of us to state anything other than praise for his accomplishments and work effort in this forum is highly un-dignified. Whether or not he took it personally or not is not the issue, the isue is that it should not have been stated at all. I hope we can all use a sense of empathy in our vocalizations in a public forum next time. Like it has been stated before on this BBS and like I have heard Walter Kronkite say: "Words mean things." If what we say doesn't or should be meant to mean anything we should not state it at all and keep it in our own mind.

Matt G

Follow Ups: