performances - October 21 / November 27

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on September 23, 2001 at 15:05:39:

With the reduction of available flights, perhaps you'll find yourself flying through the Northwest hub, Memphis, or perhaps you might find yourself here on business or pleasure.

Obviously, you should visit Graceland as a first priority, as the tour is quite reasonably priced and the place is facinating, even to those (like me) who chuckle at the entire Elvis phenomenon. If you really are a tuba junkie and happen to be in town on October 21 or November 27, I'll be up to the following mischief:

Sunday, October 21:

Beale Street Jazz Band - brunch at the University Club, 11:30 - 2:00. The UC is a private club, but if you are here on business as a guest of a corporation that has membership at any club, all of the private clubs in Memphis offer reciprocity.

Tuesday, November 27:

University of Memphis Wind Ensemble - concert at Harris Auditorium, 7:30. I played the Gregson "Concerto" last spring with a local civic band. It was well-received and I was asked to perform it again this fall at the School of Music. Upon inspection of the U of M School of Music website, it appears that one might have to cough up $8 (although late arrivals might be able to walk right in).

If you're REALLY a weirdo and arrange a layover JUST to audit one of these events, I'll offer a bed and a breakfast in my home, if you ask ahead.

Follow Ups: