Jacobs Endowment Reception

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on September 20, 2001 at 15:31:31:

I have been asked to forward this:

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Soon, there is going to be an official ceremony which will formally present the Arnold Jacobs Principal Tuba Chair, Endowed by Christine Querfeld for the Chicago Symphony. The ceremony is going to be in the form of a reception following the 1:30 PM CSO concert scheduled for Friday, October 12. [The concert consists of selections from "Die Goetterdaemmerung" of Wagner and also the music of Mundry conducted by Music Director, Daniel Barenboim.] The reception will be held immediately after this concert (probably starting around 3:30- 3:45 PM) in the Grainger Ballroom at Symphony Center.
I wanted to make sure that distinguished acquaintances of the tuba world who knew Mr. Jacobs, as well as those directly involved through ITEA, are well aware of this event although its notification was published several months ago in the Summer, 2001, issue of the "TUBA Journal". This e-mail is only to let you know that you will be receiving a letter from the Chicago Symphony informing you of the reception/ceremony and inviting your attendance. Should you have interest in attending the concert as well, that can be pursued at your own discretion (and expense) through the CSO's Phone-Charge (312-294-3000).
If you are sure that you and your guest will be attending the reception, please contact Michelle Miller at the CSO. You may also make any specific inquiries regarding this event to her. Her phone number is 312-294-3111.
Thank you for your interest. I hope to see you on October 12.
Sincerely,
Gene Pokorny

Follow Ups: