Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marine auditions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lazarus on September 18, 2001 at 17:15:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marine auditions posted by Dave on September 18, 2001 at 13:58:04:

If you fail a weigh in based on the weight/height standards, you are permitted
a body fat test.

To me, an important consideration is this: The USMB wants the best possible player for each available position. Period. However, there are of course the requirements of the Marine Corps to consider. The only time I can imagine someone being denied a job offer would be if they were very significantly over the weight limit, to the tune of 80 plus lbs. In this instance, I feel confident the band leadership would explain the situation as tactfully and thoughtfully as possible to the individual in question. There have been instances were individuals over the weight limit have won auditions, and simply delayed their enlistment date so they could lose the weight necessary. Further, the weight requirements are not secret, anyone coming to an audition could easily determine their status.

In my opinion, as a member of the organization, I feel very strongly that the USMB does not want to embarass or disrespect anyone. In my experience, these situations are always handled with the utmost class and with the gratest possible respect afforded each candidate.

Follow Ups: