My new 2341!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on September 17, 2001 at 13:31:34:

I got a call from the high school principal's office. The secretary said that I had a package in the hallway that was really big. I assumed that it was a new digital keyboard that I ordered 2 weeks ago. I asked her how big, so that I could send a couple of students over to get the box, and she said about 4 feet high, and about a yard square.

This could only be my new king 2341. I was not expecting it for another month or 2, especially since the tragedies of the past week and the effects on travel. I was pleasently suprised by the news, and went personally to retrieve my tuba.

At once, I noticed a great difference between the weight I thought it might be, and the actual weight of the horn. As I carried it back to the band room, (without box), I figured the weight loss might create a blatty sound when I put power behind the air.

I got to the band room, oiled the valves, and played some notes. I was amazed by the solidity of the sound. This was true in differing ranges and volumes. I also noticed no breaking of sound when I put power behind the air. I also injoyed the view of whatever was in front of me without the bell playing into the view.

I must now put some recordings of Grainger band music in the CD or record player and play along with some beautiful low passages. The Pines will also ring out through the building as I get ready for the community college brass choir tonight.

Boy, am I happy.

Tom

Follow Ups: