Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your ultimate horn collection

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on September 10, 2001 at 10:26:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your ultimate horn collection posted by Rick Denney on September 10, 2001 at 09:06:11:

Hey Rick!

Of course I only have been in the brass world one singular and tiny decade more than you. And I have never had the opportunity to meet Southern Belles in the form of the bellless plast-o-phone you reportedly used for practising during your even younger years.

But until I achieved the blessing of reading your posts, I never ever have met the terms of compensation nor compensating associated with any other brass phenomenon than that of the Brit Blaikely Bass Brass compensating system. At least when it comes to pistonery. I of course have known the rotational comp French horns. And to be fully honest: Also the French Selmer French Horns with their less than usual combination of a rotor as master valve and pistons for 1 through 3. But I am less than sure, that Selmer applied the term of "compensating" to these instruments.

I actually liked Chuck’s posting. Even if I had to hold my breath until he revealed having the crucial knowledge, that in trombonism it is not the instrument, but the player, which constitutes the compensating agent.

Klaus

Follow Ups: