Re: College Auditions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan on September 04, 2001 at 23:25:52:

In Reply to: College Auditions posted by Michael on September 04, 2001 at 21:36:46:

Funny that I would pop on tonight and read a post from a fellow high school senior tuba player from wisconsin....very cool. I hear ya when you say you don't really know where the competition is at in our state. I go to Luxemburg-Casco HS, which is near Green Bay, and as far as I can hear, I can probably toast most of the local players. I often wonder just where I am as compared to other players at our age. I auditioned for the wsma honors band, but my audition...it didn't go the best (I ended up as an alternate). Maybe if the air in De Pere's tuba auditioning room had not been incredibly dry, maybe my mouth wouldn't have became so cottony and maybe I could have shown that I knew what articulation was supposed to be. Ahh, how good it feels to look back on that one. I guess maybe the most disappointing thing was that I lost the opportunity to compare myself with other upper-echelon high school tuba players from our state -- like yourself. Anyway, it was cool to see your post.

What school do you go to, by the way?

Follow Ups: