Re: Reunion Blues Leather Bag F.S. on Ebay

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on September 28, 2000 at 02:44:51:

In Reply to: Reunion Blues Leather Bag F.S. on Ebay posted by Jason Wallace on September 27, 2000 at 22:20:04:

I just received a new cordura bag of same size for my Holton, but much prefer the leather which I have used for my mirafone for many years (simply a better bag, well worth the extra $). What bag did you go with and for what horn? Don't so much mind the extra room (a snug fit would be preferable) but could sure use a bit more depth.

Regarding gig bags: There has been a lot of opinions posted debating the pros and cons of gig bags vs hard cases. While I have seen several mishaps due to gig bags which would not have occured with hard case usage, I have not once added even a single ding to my mirafone using the leather reunion blues bag (the same cannot be said for the original gig bag which came with the horn or the first replacement). Gig bags are not as much protection as convenience, especially when doing a lot of rehearsals and gigs. For smaller horns, hard cases are not as much an issue as are the larger horns (4/4+). Many of the larger horn cases are apparently designed for storage more than travel, great for high schoolers who might take the horn home on weekends but can be discouraging when taken "out" on a regular basis.

Follow Ups: