Re: Besson Prestige

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on September 26, 2000 at 18:32:44:

In Reply to: Besson Prestige posted by Matt on September 26, 2000 at 14:57:05:

I am not passing judgement, but Mr. Anonymous may have either VERY new information, or very old information. I sit next to a gentleman in my brass band who plays on a Besson Prestige. I also know a dealer who has one in stock right now. I prefer the Sovereign to the Prestige. I nearly traded mine in for a Pretige, price be damned, based on the incredible description of the horn. I tried out two of them and found that I really like the Sovereign. The Sovereign works really well for me. The Willson sounds like ot works really well for anonymous. Try some horns out my friend. I found that I liked the larger Willson anout as much as I liked the Besson Sovereign, but I didn't think it was worth $1000 more than the Besson. If it were $100 difference or less, I would have had to think about it hard.

Flat out... I did not like the Prestige. It isn't worth the jacked up price. What I heard from a dealer that many of us know is that the Prestige was made for the Brit's and priced for the Brit's. Besson knows that they will pay the LIST PRICE for horns, and they came up with something that many of them would pay dearly for.

Follow Ups: