Re: Yikes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on September 22, 2000 at 10:58:23:

In Reply to: Yikes posted by Richard C on September 22, 2000 at 00:59:08:

Rich, buddy, do you have a director?? If she insists, calmly suggest that this is a decision rightly made by the director. Go with her and let her rant. This will work in your favor. If she is really bad, and you are really good, the director is not going to give her the good horn unless (a) you have alienated the director or (b) the director is a REAL lech AND she's a REAL looker. If either of those is true, start getting that left middle finger ready (for the fourth valve, that is, not for the girl or the director).

This is life training, by the way. Wait 'til you get into the 'real world' and have to try to get the tools you need to do your job!

I've worked with 8th graders at my church for a long time, and this sounds as much like the age as the gender. It brings to mind a scene in my favorite dopey Christmas movie, 'The Homecoming' (the pilot for 'The Waltons' -- yeah, I know, but I love it). One of the smaller kids asked "What's the matter with Mary Ellen?" to which John Boy answered "Oh, she's just crazy. Don't you know everybody goes crazy when they're 13?"

Good luck.

Follow Ups: