Re: Holton CC BAT for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by T. J. Ricer on September 10, 2000 at 13:23:21:

In Reply to: Holton CC BAT for sale posted by Sam Gnagey on September 10, 2000 at 07:31:48:

If anyone is interested in opinions on these horns, I have played all four. . . I am in no way related to the sale of the horns. At those prices I really don't think you could go wrong with any of these horns. The real surprise of the group is the King CC. Sam built it out of an old BBb and an old Eb and it is one of the nicest horns that I have played to date. Anyone looking for a nice smaller CC at a really, really nice price should check this horn out, what a neat little sound. . . As for the others. . . the Hirshbrunner plays as you would expect an HB-2 to play, it's a nice horn, plain and simple and as far as I could tell in perfect shape. . . the Besson. . . I don't care for that model tuba in particular, but some people like it, I would say it plays significantly better than the one I tried at brasswind a few months ago. . . the Holton responds pretty nice for as big a horn as it is and the intonation is as good as any big horn that I have tried. Sam is a class act and all of these horns are very nice, if you are in the market for anything like these I would suggest you contact him about them. . . by the way, he did the cut jobs on the Holton and the King himself and they are well done. . . once again, I have nothing to do with the sale of these horns. . .

T. J. Ricer

Follow Ups: