Re: Re: Meinl Weston 45SLP and 2145

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Russo on September 07, 2000 at 22:30:29:

In Reply to: Re: Meinl Weston 45SLP and 2145 posted by ken k on September 07, 2000 at 22:10:13:

The 45SLP is a newer F tuba from MW. It's one of the best horns I've ever played. (No, I'm not just saying that because I sell them. You can check the archives, I've said it's a great horn long before I got the Brasswind job!) :)

The 45SLP is the only F tuba I've played where you don't have to fight the low range. Not only are low notes in tune, but they are also solid as a rock. No more wobbling around on low D, Db, C, B, and Bb. The best way I can describe these instruments is they play like a small CC and still have the German F tuba sound.

I've played quite a few of these horns and I can honestly say that even if you get one where the low end isn't as solid as a CC tuba, you still won't fight it as much as you would any other F. I haven't played one yet that isn't as solid as any Eb tuba! MW really got it right with these horns!

I just can't say enough good stuff about these instruments!!!!! It's the horn I play on the most while I'm at work!

Thanks for the question!

Take care!

mike russo
Brasswind

Follow Ups: