A Public "Thank You"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on September 28, 1999 at 23:22:53:

I just wanted to take a minute and post a "thank you" to all who responded to my question about current tuba/euph ensemble repertoire. The suggestions were very helpful and my new ensemble had its first rehearsal last week. The students particularly enjoyed the great music they were playing and, much to my surprise, they sounded pretty good despite being a group of players who had never played a single note of tuba/euph ensemble music.

I also want to extend a special thanks to Ted Cox who sent me a copy of his arrangement of the Ave Maria by Josquin des Pres. Not to get overly emotional about it, after opening the envelope and seeing what Ted had sent, it made me think how much of an advantage we have today over our predecessors in the tuba world. This BBS is a priceless conduit of information and ideas and the exchange of same and, if you're willing to participate, we all benefit from the years of experience represented by this boards members. I need to point out that I don't know Ted from the man in the moon, we've never met either in person or by acquaintance as far as I'm aware. He just sent his arrangement out of the goodness of his heart and I thought everyone here should know that and understand that the traditional values and shared professionalism of years past lives on today.

Follow Ups: