Re: Re: premier band auditions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on September 22, 1999 at 11:23:18:

In Reply to: Re: premier band auditions posted by George Glass on September 22, 1999 at 09:00:40:

Mr. Perantoni's students obtain positions based on their own merits. If any of them obtain a position with an orchestra or a premier band or a university, it is because they worked for it and had excellent guidance.

I can honestly tell you that only lots of hard work and dedication will put you in a position for success, not a brand name instructor.

On the other hand, Mr. Perantoni in one hell of a mentor. My favorite tool that he uses in lessons is his playing examples. He can play Fountains with a core which could bring down walls, yet still express clear phrasing. He can also give the most flawless and crystal clear playing examples of even the most impossibly demanding solo literature.

We all have our favorite teachers, and they are typically the ones we have been studying with recently. If your mentor is not the very best in your opinion then you are studying with the wrong person. So, of course, most people name off their own instructors when asked who the best is.

If you are having excellent results with where you choose to study, then good for you. I have my favorites, based on direct experiences, and I also have others I would recommend based on what others have said, and most importantly based on job placement rates for them.

sean

Follow Ups: