Re: Re: Hang on, Jay B!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on September 14, 1999 at 13:31:29:

In Reply to: Re: Hang on, Jay B!! posted by Rick on September 14, 1999 at 09:46:44:

Thanks for the kind invitation, maybe some time in the future. I'd love to come see a great city like Nashville and I absolutely love good barbeque ribs! Things are going to be okay here (as of this writing) since Floyd has moved north of our position and remains far enough off the coast to avoid a direct strike. I'm very thankful that we missed this one based on the reports now coming out of the Bahamas. Things are very bad there, especially the Abacos Islands and Freeport looks like it may be in real trouble. Fortunately, the storm is weakening and slowing down so it may get turned farther North and miss landfall in the US entirely. But even with the eye of the storm being more than 150 miles away from here, the gusts and sustained winds are impressive. I hope they decide to move the shuttles from the Cape since the buildings they store the shuttles in can only withstand winds of 125 mph and the eye of the storm could actually skirt the coast there, producing winds in excess of 145 mph. I'm still very nervous for our friends in northern Florida and the Carolinas. If you live there, please secure your property and leave! This storm is very dangerous and I for one am extremely relieved it didn't decide on a vacation in South Florida. Let's all hope for the best...

Follow Ups: