Re: Rudy Meinl 6/4 BBb --any players?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on October 31, 2003 at 16:18:32:

In Reply to: Rudy Meinl 6/4 BBb --any players? posted by Matt in Oakland on October 30, 2003 at 23:17:53:

Matt,
I assume you are talking about the MONSTER Grosse (big) Kaiser 6/4 BBb w/ 22" bell and not the Kleine (small) Kaiser 5/4 (referred to as 6/4) BBb Model 50 w/ 19" bell. The BIG Rudy CC Model 50 is a 5/4 w/ 19" bell. The real 6/4 is huge. It can be seen on the Rudy website. I have a Rudy catalog w/ a picture of it on the front, as well as another with Manfred Hoppert playing one (for reference). That's one BAMFT. Lee Stofer once told me that he played one and that it was a really massive, but rock-solid instrument (around $14K at the time). He said he could get one for me if I just had the $$$. Contact Lee for more info.

Go to http://www.rudolf-meinl.com/ and click on the picture of the tuba (a Kleine Kaiser 5/4 BBb). Then click on Unsere Instrumente and click on the right arrows until you get to the horn. Manfred Hoppert is pictured playing one there also. Sorry I couldn't make the link work.
Doc

Follow Ups: