Re: Dolly Bags

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hal Render on October 30, 2003 at 20:21:51:

In Reply to: Dolly Bags posted by Stan Johnson on October 30, 2003 at 07:54:58:

I don't know if I would agree with Sean on this one. I mailed Dolly an order in November of last year after calling her and getting her assurance that it would only take a few weeks to fill the order. I didn't hear from her for a few months, so I starting sending emails. No response. I started calling, but I either got her answering machine and left a message that got no response, or I got one of her family members who told me that I should call another time. One time I called, thought I got her, only to be hung up on when I asked about my order. Believe it or not, I was always very polite in the emails and the calls, so I was truly mystified as to the response (or lack thereof) that I was getting. Finally, in August of this year, I gave up. I left a voice mail and sent a letter to Dolly saying that I was cancelling the order. My wife gets a call immediately from Dolly saying that she had misplaced my order and would work on it immediately. Lo and behold, three weeks later a bag shows up on my doorstep.

I think the bag I received is great (even though I got a top loading bag when I ordered a side loading one), but the whole experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what the issue was, but given that I have heard similar stories from other people, I would have to say that I investigate a Cronkhite bag or Altieri bag were I to want another bag.

Good luck,

hal.

Follow Ups: