Re: Willson 2900 lyre holder?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Tyler on October 29, 2003 at 21:14:42:

In Reply to: Willson 2900 lyre holder? posted by A on October 27, 2003 at 15:41:05:

If you need a lyre on your 2900, go to a good hardware store and buy a length of "Key Stock" The original purpose of key stock was to be cut off and fitted in the end of a shaft to hold a pulley or gear in place to keep it from turning on the shaft. It comes in several widths, so measure the opening for your fourth valve hold down box before you go. Next, go to a music store and buy a trombone lyre. The type that has a screw in the side and is intended to slide up and down the square bar that clamps to the mouthpiece receiver. Now take a couple of vise grip pliers and carefully bend the key stock to fit. Mount the bar stock to the fourth valve hold down and slide the trombone lyre onto the top. If you have bent it correctly, the lyre should be in exzctly the right place. Cut off any excess with a hack saw. I hope this helps. It worked for me. Jim Tyler

Follow Ups: