Re: Re: Re: Re: MiniDisc recorders and microphone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lisa on October 29, 2003 at 11:10:40:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: MiniDisc recorders and microphone posted by Igg No Ramus on October 29, 2003 at 10:36:50:

I've used a mixer. I run it directly into my computer where I can work with ProTools and Digital Performer. I like the smaller Mackie, the 1202. I've had good luck with it, and if I'm not mistaken, they used to use it in the school (OU) MIDI lab. (That's where I had my first experiences.) It's great to adjust both live and sequenced tracks... and is relatively inexpensive compared to some.

I don't need to use a preamp because I have an SM57, which is also used in my house to mic drums... (I use what I have.) I have heard only good things about the Blue Tubes, however, and if I am ever in need of a preamp, that is the one I would shell out the bucks for.

As for MDs... the NetMDs for example have many features. You might be best to look at the different specs online (or talk to someone live in a store) to see what best meets your needs. I know that isn't the answer you were looking for, but you may be best off in the long run. At that point you could also think more deeply about compatibility and quality issues with your mics and preamps.
Good luck, and have fun! Toys are great!
FWIW.
-lisa

Follow Ups: