Re: Re: New Alexander???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Chen on October 28, 2003 at 23:47:37:

In Reply to: Re: New Alexander??? posted by Chris on October 28, 2003 at 20:21:15:

Yup I have one for sale it's at Low Brass Werks (Tony Clement's) on consignment, if you are interested, it's in good shape and save you a few thousand compare to a new one, comes with case and bag.
Regarding Alexander tubas, they have great sound, and the new ones have improved intonation, too. It blows open for a rotary CC, a little more resistance compare to the PT-6 rotary, capable of a very big sound. I think the best mouthpiece for this horn is the Parke Ofenloch, it's just THE mouthpiece for the horn. Or the Warren Deck 3 mouthpiece, or the Monette CC tuba mouthpieces.. produce big, beautiful dark sound.
I am going to use the money for the horn to pay off some debt and buy a smaller CC, feel free to e-mail me if you wanna talk more about this horn and we'll chat.. the price.. I'll entertain serious offers.
I have owned this horn for about 2 years now..most people who played it really like it, the horn plays beautifully in the mid to high range and still has a lot of meat in the low. Bin Love from Juilliard e-mailed me after I bought the tuba from Dillon Music and said he was on his way to buy it..!

Follow Ups: