Posted by on October 27, 2003 at 22:21:14:
In Reply to: Resume posted by Need some help on October 27, 2003 at 22:05:28:
- one page
- minimum font size should be 10 12 is easier to read.
- most important stuff at the top / least important at the bottom
- name and contact info large/bold at the top / (good) picture optional
- avoid marital status, hobbies, etc.
- organize topics from most important to least important...#1 ENSEMBLE EXPERIENCE (professional/semi-professional/festival/conservatory/university) #2 EDUCATION #3 REFERENCES #4 TEACHERS (same as references?) #5 HONORS/AWARDS #6 MAJOR MUSIC FESTIVALS #7 OTHER PROFESSIONAL ENSEMBLES (quintets? jazz bands? etc.)
- ok to double-column honors and awards, as long as you make the cut-off be nationally-recognized honors and awards
- date each topic from most recent to least recent
- MAKE IT EASY TO READ AND EASY TO FIND THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- IT MUST HAVE A PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE WITH NO TYPO's
- Put it on a quality bond paper.