Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ADHD students?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lisa on October 25, 2003 at 15:35:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: ADHD students? posted by Hmmm... on October 25, 2003 at 11:29:43:

That's just an outrage! We have seen how adversely the anti-depressants ('Zac, Zoloft, etc.) can affect even an adult's brain! As a psychology student, I strongly believe in alternative treatments. Maybe if we got our children more involved in activities such as music, they wouldn't become overweight, depressed people that just sit around watching TV and playing video games! Maybe a healthy lifestyle and proper guidance would eliminate half of the so-called "mental" problems today's kids are facing.

That was a tangent... I believe we should learn how to prescribe music (hope the tags work!) to treat depression. I think this is especially exciting in young children, whom we can't really find out mental states of because they, as Hmmmmm says, cannot even communicate orally yet! We can prepare them to be properly-balanced teenagers.

Music has relieved a depression-esque medical condition I have faced. I believe in that. This is another matter entirely however. I suspect in the back of my mind that overdiagnosis of some mental illnesses leads to others... i.e. ADHD to depression, etc.

Wow, a subject I am passionate about! Sorry!
I think playing an instrument can lead to a healthy lifestyle.

Follow Ups: