Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it true....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on October 24, 2003 at 11:37:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it true.... posted by Bill on October 24, 2003 at 11:14:52:

... the 40 hour work week, earning time-and-a-half if you work over 40 hrs/week,...
Would someone please inform my employer?

Okay, I'll buy that Joe libertarian may be a little lean on the worthwhile activities of government; but you forget the pork projects, the failed social programs, the federal government's disastrous intrusion into local schools, and the steady chipping away of our personal liberties.

I'll take Reagan back, ANY day. For any of you reading this who are too young to remember Reagan yourselves, DO NOT fall for the slanderous piece CBS is about to put on about him. I've read just about every word written about the man, by both those who love him and those who hate him. He was far from perfect. He may not have even been a very connected father; but he was also not the hapless, uncaring buffoon he is so often portrayed as. He led us out of the economic malaise of the late 70's, restored a national pride that was in tatters, and almost singlehandedly ended European communism. Not bad for a guy in his 80's! He did make three great blunders in his presidency: deregulating S&L's, submitting to Congress when they wouldn't even look at his budget cuts, and making what amounted to an arms for hostages deal. Compared to what he accomplished, I'll live with the fallout from those failures.

Joe Baker, who would rather have more freedom than a 40 hr. work week.

Follow Ups: