Re: Re: Re: Re: Know any good D's?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Goor on October 21, 2003 at 21:42:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Know any good D's? posted by PPitch on October 21, 2003 at 12:25:42:

Well, that would depend on how you use it. My girlfriend (piano player) wouldn't have mucht trouble in most situations like these. See, I have pp too, but she is just maddenning. Play any 15 notes, and she can tell you what they are (after 15, it sort of takes a while). I once asked her how, exactly, she hears, and she told me it was sort of like "taste" (yeah, most people use the "color" analogy, but she's an oddball and loves to eat). She can "taste" all the flavors of sounds, sort of like wine tasters sample wines. To her, all the notes form one unique overall "taste", whereas some people are only able to "taste" each one at a time.

She can also fine tune notes to within 1 or 2 cents, and says (and i agree with her) that people playing out of tune (contrary to perfect pitch belief) don't driver her bonkers.

Oh, and also contrary to popular belief, she didnt get any music training till 11, and I've been playing since 6. She didnt have it till she was 13, and i didnt have it till i was 10. (She's the better musician i guess!)

Follow Ups: