Re: Re: Minidisc advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stefan on October 13, 2003 at 17:42:03:

In Reply to: Re: Minidisc advice posted by Mary Ann on October 13, 2003 at 09:34:05:

Anytime you upgrade your equipment, the old stuff really sounded bad. I went from a lapel stereo mic to a sony stereo mic to a AT822. I was completely impressed with the $50 lapel mic and then I bought the Sony which blew me away. That other mic went into the junk pile. Then I bought an AT822 and I couldn't believe how much more open and realistic the sound was.

So, I just wanted to clarify that the AT822 is actually a very good stereo mic even though for another $100 you can get something better.

The reason why you are recording yourself should determine what mic you should get. To do what you need to do, $400 should get you what you want. But, the other poster is right that tranfering from Mini-disc to CD is not the easiest thing. A portable CD recorder such as the ones made by Marantz would be the best for you. And, believe it or not, the internal mic on those machines are better than you would think. So, you may not need to buy the extra mic.

Stefan

Follow Ups: