Tubas at Baltimore Brass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh Wirt on October 12, 2003 at 16:48:24:

I just noticed that the Baltimore Brass Co is having a great sale on their new Meinl Weston tubas and euphs. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and had the chance to play some of the 45SLP's. The 2 silverplated (and the 1 lacquered) horns were REALLY nice horns. Great response throughout and excellent intonation. I didn't play any of the CC's or BBb's, but I'm sure that if Mr. Fedderly is selling them, they are good horns.

I also saw that they are offering the "one-off" Hirsbrunner. If you are looking for a tuba that plays like a 4/4 and sounds more like a Yorkbrunner, this one could be the horn for you....maybe that's because it's a 4/4 with the Yorkbrunner valves!? Mr. Fedderly and I played it against 2 other handmade 4/4 Hirsbrunners that day and it was defintely an amazing instrument. Very open, free-blowing with incredible response and intonation. If I didn't already have a great 2P............

Just thought I would pass this along to anyone who may be interested. Now could be great time to save some $$$$ on some really nice instruments.....especially with the USD taking the beating that it is right now!!!

Josh Wirt

Follow Ups: