Re: Re: Re: Re: Encounter with a Miraphone 187

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on October 31, 2002 at 07:19:05:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Encounter with a Miraphone 187 posted by dp on October 31, 2002 at 06:42:50:

Compact is a relative term. Bodies vary.

Even I weigh about twice as much as MA. Without even the slightest hint of harassment I would dare a guess, that CK weighs two-and-a-half or three times as much as MA.

I have to pull the tubing of my Wenger chair to sit comfortably under my Conn 40K. MA might have to sit on 2 or 3 fat phone directories to reach the mouthpiece in my set-up.

Sean marches a medium heavy sousaphone over a lighter weight helicon, because he prefers the playing characteristics of the former. I can no longer stand up and play even a trumpet for more than a very few minutes.

We all have very different bodily equipment (which says nothing at all about our levels of musicianship). When we give advice, they tend to work best, when we can put them in the perspective of the musician asking.

This summer I advised a much younger and much lighter female player to get an instrument model, that I never would take myself. What was an overblown rattle-o-phone in my hands showed up to be a projecting and manageable instrument in hers.

All open and hidden quotes based on reading of this board.

Klaus

who hereby reveals, that his first posting on this thread was intended as a joke.

Follow Ups: