Re: Where to buy Bordogni with Piano ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on October 27, 2002 at 15:23:48:

In Reply to: Where to buy Bordogni with Piano ? posted by tubabass on October 26, 2002 at 13:46:36:

Hey there, tubabass...

Bordogni wrote these to be used in lessons with his students while he accompanied them. The accompaniments are really skeletal and bland for performance - performable by all means; just really plain. (boom chuck chuck, boom chuck chuck, etc)

Many of the voaclises in the Robert King tuba edition as well as the three (?) volumes of Rochut's editions come from three or four collections of the originals (vocal solo with piano). Our versions differ in key and phrasing in many cases, but some are exact transcriptions from these collections. The originals are in a different order as well.

I have personally seen only treble clef editions with the accompaniments. But this might not be the case.

The two volumes that I use are:

Giovanni Marco Bordogni
24 Easy Vocalises in Progressive Order
Kalmus Vocal Series 9147
Published by Belwin Mills (no date indicated)

and

Bordogni
36 Vocalises for Mezzo-Soprano or Baritone
Kalmus Vocal Series 9149
Published by Belwin Mills (no date indicated)

The Title Strip inside of the book of 24 reads "Easy Vocalises, progressively arranged, within the compass of any voice. (Introduction to the 36 Vocalises.)" So I believe there is only one range version of this collection available.

However, the 36 are aimed at more advanced singers and are more reange-specific. The Soprano/Tenor edition seems to get and stay a bit high to promote really relaxed playing. So I would recommend the one that I listed above.

These books are VERY common. Order them from a place that does a lot of vocal sales. If you can't get them from the publisher, try Southern Music in San Antonio, TX. That is where I bought mine. Also, Pender's Music in Denton, TX has them in stock most times. Both places ship and are fairly quick.

There is also a nice book by Tom Ervin. He is a trombonist that composed a book of "duet accompaniments" to be used with the first twenty out of Rochut vol. 1. Some of them might be pretty nice for a pair of tubists to do on a recital.

Good luck!

Wade

Follow Ups: