SUNY campuses and tuba teachers?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony on October 16, 2002 at 18:07:46:

I'm looking for input re: ANY of the SUNY campuses. Music programs, tuba professors, successful alumni, jazz studies programs, orchestral programs, conservatories(do they exist?)etc.

I'm currently a student in the UW system, and had planned on finishing my degrees(tuba performance, music education) at Madison. Certain circumstances, however, have left me with the possibility of finishing my undergrad in New York for free. I've never lived in New York, and don't know anything about any of the SUNY schools. The scholarship I've received would cover full tuition at any SUNY campus, which leaves me with a tough decision to make.

I'm interested in experiences anyone has had in the SUNY system. If someone can point me towards someone to talk to, that would be great. Specifically, I'm wondering if there's anything in the Syracuse area, as far as location goes. I'd been dead set on staying in Wisconsin, but if I can get just as good training somewhere else and save $5k a year, I'd like to consider all of my options. Thanks in advance.

Anthony Labelle

Follow Ups: