Lee Stofer Strikes Again!!!! :)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd Morgan on October 13, 2002 at 18:14:23:

Hey TubeNeters,

This weekend I had the privilege of meeting Lee Stofer at his workshop just outside of Atlanta, Georgia. As many of you know, Lee is a very friendly, knowledgable, and overall great guy. I feel fortunate to have met him and to have had him work on my tuba. Thank you Lee!!!

My Conn 56J was in need of some repairs. Lee was kind enough to work with my schedule so that I could leave my horn with him while I spent the day in Atlanta. I must say that Lee's work is EXCELLENT! He replaced a broken valve guide, straightened out a warped tuning slide, and installed a custom slide stop. The work he did on my horn is top notch. He takes great pride in his work and it shows in the results! Not only did Lee fix what I had asked him to repair, but he also went above and beyond the call of duty. He noticed some things about my horn that were not Kosher and he fixed those as well. I really appreciate the care and the excellent work that he put into repairing my horn. Lee is a great guy and a great repairman. I hope that everyone in the tuba community can meet Lee at some point.

Included with this post is a picture of the slide stop that he installed. I used to have one when I owned a Kalison a few years back. I am pleased to have one on my new horn. As you can see by this picture, the work that Lee did is supurb. Way to go Lee!!!

-Todd Morgan
Birmingham, Alabama

Follow Ups: