Re: MW2155 Mouthpiece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on October 09, 2002 at 09:28:18:

In Reply to: MW2155 Mouthpiece posted by Andy Grappy on October 09, 2002 at 04:10:12:

If you need to "compact" (verb) the sound of most any tuba, you can try a shallow-cup mouthpiece like a Mirafone C4 (or their currently-used model number). Schilke makes a much cheaper (excellent) copy of this mouthpiece called the "69C4". My personal choice on these Mirafone-C4 type shallow-cup mouthpieces is to have the throat (which is always small on these) opened up to some "standard" size. Schilke will do this (prior to original shipment) on a 69C4 for a very low price.

Follow Ups: