Re: Re: Brook Mays Music Questions?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ok....but on October 06, 2002 at 15:55:19:

In Reply to: Re: Brook Mays Music Questions? posted by Ross on October 06, 2002 at 12:41:08:

Ross wrote:
"Somewhere in the thread below, I saw the figure of $7000 mentioned. In the past 15 years, I have spent just slightly over $7000 for my 8 tubas. Of those 8 horns, there are probably 4 or 5 I really like and play somewhat regularly. Kind of a cheap arsenal, don't you think, for the money? However, if I had $5000 I would not hesitate to purchase a Miraphone 191 4 valve from Brook Mays. I have been in their LBJ store twice this year trying out horns and fell in love with the 191. Granted, they do not have a tuba expert on board anymore, however I trust Brook Mays and I know that they would treat me honestly. By-the-way, from my checking around, they seem to have the best price on the 191 and probably do on their other horns as well. If I had an extra $5000 right now, I would buy the 191 knowing that it last me the rest of my life. And it would be an inexpensive price to pay for the joy of playing such a horn over the years. Think about that, when consideriny your options.

well, Ross....we know you let Rachel get away - there goes your credibility i.m.o.

Follow Ups: