Re: TubaChristmas Help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on October 04, 2002 at 06:47:36:

In Reply to: TubaChristmas Help posted by Mark Wiseman on October 03, 2002 at 11:42:34:

I ran into a situation where the mall management approved of us, but not all of the workers for the mall.

I was part of a group that played at a mall in the central Arkansas area one year in the mid 80's. We all gathered for the one run-through, and then went to the mall. Mall workers looked at us as though we were the strange ones in the area, and called authorities. We found a weekend manager who then remembered that we were correct, and settled the situation.

About 45 minutes into the gig, Santa Claus came and cussed us out for being too loud. He did this in a very loud level, and didn't bother to edit his language for the weak at heart.

My Mom Was Very Upset.

She noticed that santa was slightly addicted to spiked eggnog. She called the same cops that came and talked to us on the earlier situation. Santa went to jail, and we never returned to the mall. Senior mamagement asked for us to return, but we thought better of the offer.

Communication between management and the staff coupled with some good warm feel-good juice for santa created a lively and rememberable TubaChristmas.

Tom Mason

Follow Ups: