Re: Re: Cat: Besson New Standard LB 1977

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on October 03, 2002 at 18:22:14:

In Reply to: Re: Cat: Besson New Standard LB 1977 posted by Rick Denney on October 03, 2002 at 17:17:48:

Rick, there are engineers, and then there are us that can fool some of those engineers.

My choice of the Yahoo medium is far from ideal. Especially because the 20MB limit of the file storage very fast is filled up and that will induce a new group. But that system is free of costs for me, and I have a fairly easy access to test how things work. Even how they do not work, as my old computer is not a "member" of Yahoo, so that I can not access my groups from there (no problem as they are at the same workplace with both keyboards right in front of me).

You are a member of the on-approval-only group, from where I distribute my arrangements and other music related files. I do not mind to give them away for free. Only I want to know the identity of the people, that want to download these files. And we are not speaking street addresses and social security ##. Only full name and the musical environment in form of school or band names.

Some of you have mail addresses, that I know from this board and elsewhere. They are approved right away. With others I have exchanged mails before approval. Most of you are welcome. All of you know exactly which tiny minority I do not want in.

There are not that many files right now, as I have been distracted from my planned work schedule. Not to waste the time totally I took up Plan B, that takes less concentration: to scan the most relevant pages from my pile of catalogues. Most of which will be hard to get hand at for people not having trafficked as much in music shops as much as I have done for over 40 years. And then there are all those catalogues, that "angels" in my life have thrashed over the years. Boosey & Hawkes and Holton issued wonderful catalogues in the sixties, almost booklets, telling and illustrating in depth in a way, that equalled what Yamaha does on the net today.

The link below goes to the on-approval-only group mentioned above. Only music files there.

The way for you Rick, and for everybody else, to access the scanned catalogue pages is to go to one of the postings where I announce such a file. Click the link. If you are a member of the group in question, you will be lead directly to the file. If you are not, a page comes up, where you can join this group through clicking a link named "Find your membership" and then the "Join this Group" button on the next page. You do not have to be careful about setting your mail options. There will be no mails. All announcements of low brass files will happen on TubeNet exclusively.

Long again, but you know: We true teachers are very passionate about those slow learners! (I do know nothing about smileys and the like!)

Klaus

Follow Ups: