Small dance suite for 5-tet (& for free)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on October 23, 2001 at 21:07:42:

It might be more or less well known, that I have some collaboration with a brass quintet, which has a close connection to a flute/piccolo player. This quartet currently has the problem, that one trumpet player is out of town for educational reasons.

Which lead me to an odd construction about some folk dances, that I learned of a few day ago:

I made a small suite out of three of them. Scored for the standard brass 5-tet. But with the option to have the 2nd trumpet part played by a piccolo flute. Two octaves up that is.

The score and parts has been finished within the last hour. Those of you, who would like to have a test ride with your 5-tets, are welcome to mail me for a free copy of score and parts.

The boss of the 5-tet mentioned above has had a peek of the score and has already complained, that it is too difficult at the suggested tempos.

He is right so far, that there are some strong demands on the sense of ensemble. Especially in the respect of the rhythm.

Please mail me form a copy in .pdf format, as this one will not be put op for free download, at least not for now.

I will be out of town for a few days 8 hours from now. But all requests will be honored no later than Sunday..

Klaus

Follow Ups: